The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Kenya

Since I was a child, something about Kenya gripped my heart and I have always wanted to go there.  So it was with great excitement that I boarded a bus in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzanian to travel to Mombasa, Kenya.  When we crossed the border at Horohoro, my heart was in my throat…well, that is how it felt.  We were required to walk across “no man’s land” and I did so on my own, as I just needed time alone to absorb the reality of where I was and why I was there.
Standing at a Boabab tree
The coast is very busy with many, many people.  I do not recall ever seen so many people in one place!  There is a vibe and sense of expectation which I have not experienced anywhere else. 
Afmin Office Kenya
The Afmin team in Kenya welcomed us with open arms.  We all immediately “clicked” and this resulted in us working very well together.  We set up office on the veranda outside the lecture room.  A breeze blew most of the week, which eased the humidity. 
Once again, it was wonderful to meet and interview the students.  This time, I dealt with those who are heading to graduation this year.  Their enthusiasm is wonderful.  These people serve the Lord under trying conditions and yet the love they have for the Lord is very evident.

I was asked to describe my impression of Kenya.  My reply was :  So many people. Huge task and responsibility for pastors / church.