The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Tanzania

Just when one thinks one has “seen it all”, God leads one into a new life experience.
Lecture time
Recently, I visited Tanzania as part of the Afmin Team attending the On10 Conferences in those two countries.
What a privilege to meet such wonderful people of God.  In Tanzania, I immediately felt like one of the family.  Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was been well taken care of.
Alta and I about to board
the bus to Morogoro
Our journey began in Dar-es-Salaam.  We traveled there on a Thursday, having previously made an appointment for the Friday.  However, this appointment was cancelled, so we had a couple of days to rest and fellowship as a Team.  We then traveled by bus for a journey of 5 hours over a distance of about 190kms to a town called Morogoro.  The scenery was magnificent and I just sat in the bus, next to the window, soaking in all I could see.  The roadside stalls provide families with provisions and stall owners with an income, not matter how small.  It is good to see people willing to do their best to support their families.  Everything is sold from mattresses, furniture, air-time and dried fish.  One thing that stood out to me, is how well these people take care of their appearance.  Their clothing is clean and although many live below the breadline, they do not allow themselves to look unkept.
Discussing admin procedures
with the Tanzanian secretary
Morogoro  is a very pretty education-based city, lying between 4 or 5 different mountains.  There is no time for sight seen, but our accommodation was on the 3rd floor so I was able to look out into the distance and see the beauty of the area. 

Meeting the Students was once again the highlight of my time in Tanzania.  What an honour to encourage them with their studies and to assist them with their progress.  The worship times were especially blessed  with magnificent voices raised to song to the Lord.