The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

East Africa


What a busy year which has just passed.  My late mother always said that the older you get, the shorter the days are and the quicker the years fly passed.  Back then, I did not understand this.  Monday morning meant a whole week of school had to go by before one could again enjoy what the next weekend had to offer.  And goodness, did time drag by.  But now, I do understand what Mother was saying and fully agree with her opinion on the matter.

Unfortunately, I was unable to travel to East Africa during 2017.  However, I did continue with the admin work for the 3 countries.  We saw a number of Pastors graduate after 4 years of training.  Graduation is always a wonderful time of celebration.  For the Staff and Volunteers, it is always a joy to stand on the side-lines and experience the atmosphere created by the celebrations.  To God be the glory.

As a Volunteer at EMIT, I have been blessed to participate in the training of these Pastors.  The knowledge the subjects provide, equips these men and women to continue the work of the Lord successfully.  Many entered the program feeling defeated and discouraged. Four years later, they leave with a spring in their step and an anointed determination.

Over the past 2 years, EMIT have begun a program to empower the women of Africa.  Subjects include Entrepreneurship, Computer skills, Trauma etc.  Women from all walks of life are invited to participate in the course, including amongst others, politicians, educators, business women and the lady who sells vegetables on the street corner..  A sense of anticipation is experienced at the training institutes.  Many women have never had to opportunity to attend such training. 
In keeping with the Lord’s plan for my life, I will no longer be directly involved in the work of EMIT in East Africa.  Naturally, my emotions are somewhat mixed.  I met many wonderful people in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.  Many of these folk are now FaceBook friends, so we will remain in contact. 

It has been an honour to serve the Lord’s people in these countries.  However, it is now time to move into the next season that the Lord has planned.  Thank you to each one for your friendship, advise, guidance, laughter, and acceptance. 
I will continue to pray for you all
God bless.